Good Times

Friday, October 8, 2010

Last Goodbye..


It's so hard to say goodbye to my favorite place in the world.

What can I say about the Family Cabin? It's the place Russ and I spent our Honeymoon, a place we have all taken our kids,pets,friends just to have fun times and get away from everything.

With Dad gone, Mom felt like she needed to sell it to get away from all the upkeep and worries so Russ and I, Val and Dal and Erin took one last trip. It was a bitter sweet trip for me. I started crying the minute we drove through the gate knowing I would never see this place again. I have alot of bitterness and hurt feelings about the whole deal but I won't get into that now.

Everywhere I looked in the cabin reminded me of My Dad and when I sat in his chair I could smell my Dad's smell, lets just say I lost my mind. Saying Goodbye to the cabin was just like saying goodbye to Dad all over again. I made the best of it by thinking of happy memories and Carving a little note to my Dad on a tree.

Thank you to my Friends and my hubbie for being there for me and especially when they could tell I was going down,,cracking me up and bringing me back to silly land. You guys mean the world to me.

1 comment:

Valarie said...

This was one of my favorite trips with you guys. I felt so bad watching you hurt though. I hope we made it easier for you and gave you happy memories to last a very long time.