Ronnie Walker and the BB gun
I don't remember how old I was at the time, I'm sure I was only in grade school. Me and some neighbor boys were out in the pasture playing.Ronnie was outside on Mecham's road I think we were teasing him or something ( he was so fun to tease because he would get so mad) so he got really mad at us. He ran in the house and brought out his BB gun and started shooting at me. I was standing up against the fence and after he shot at me I looked at the fence and there was a dent from the BB about an inch away from my head. So I yelled for Dad and told him what was going on. At the time Ronnie was standing in the road, well...when he saw Dad coming after him he ran in his house. Dad went over and knocked on their door and no one would answer it. So.. Dad just climbed in the window. I don't know what happened when he went in there or I just don't remember.
The Deer sled
Dad, Bobby, Kelly, Roy and myself went deer hunting one year up Little Valley. Bobby shot a deer. So after they cleaned it, we started down this huge hill dragging the deer. It was a really steep hill and we kept stopping to rest. Well, Dad just sat down on the deer. I will never forget the sound the deer made when he sat on it. Anyway, Dad didn't want to drag the deer anymore so he rode it down the hill, well, not all the way down. We were laughing but Dad was serious as all get out.
The chair
Dad cleaned a house of an old mam the had died. He saw a really nice recliner that looked new so....I think he might have traded for it or they just gave it to him. Well, he brought it home and put it in the family room right by my bedroom door. Every night i would go to bed I would get this whiff of something really stinky. I told him " Dad something really stinks in my room" Mom could smell it too. This went on for quit a while it was probably only 2 or 3 days but it seemed like months. He finally came clean and told us that the old man died in that chair. I still can't believe, to this day that he knew the guy DIED in THAT CHAIR and still BROUGHT IT HOME!!!! Needless to say we didn't keep the chair. Dad put a for sale sign on it out in the drive way and some lady bought it. He told her a little old man owned it. She said she loved the chair because it smelled like an old man. (little did she know)
Friday the 13Th
I was hooked on the Friday the 13Th movies when I was younger. Dad would watch a little bit with me of course making fun of the movie the whole time. Well, In the movies when Jason was hiding out waiting to kill someone they had this sound effect that you would hear and you would know someone was going to get killed....choochoochoo...hahaha Dad had this sound down Pat. I would be in bed and he would crawl on the floor into my room, get right up next to my bed and make that sound.Scared the crap out of me. He thought it was really funny.He also loved to chase me around the house with a dead mouse or spider in his bare hands. most of the time I'm pretty sure he didn't even have anything in his hands but i always thought he did.
The Rug
One day Dad came in and said that some people were bringing a rug over for him to clean. He said "stay in the house I don't want you outside at all ". So the people brought the rug and they carried it out back and unrolled it on the lawn. Of course I had to peek out my window because well...he said not to go out so I was curious. I couldn't really see anything but later he told me that someone had killed their self on that rug. I'm so glad I couldn't see anything. He has such a strong stomach for that kind of thing it makes me wonder why he would stick us kids in the tub or turn the hose on us instead of changing our diapers
One of my favorite memories with Dad is the time Russ and I went to the cabin with Dad and Mom. We went for a ride in the Ranger Bob truck. Dad was driving, and driving sooooo fast ,and then he would crank the wheel so hard and throw us all over the cab of the truck all the while laughing his head off. I would scream and that would make him do it even more. That was so much fun. Russ and I talk about that still to this day. These are just a few stories. Some I don't dare post.
.



1 comment:
Ohhhhh I love those stories!!! They definitely sound like Grandpa ha ha.
Post a Comment